Multimedia linguistic services
Make the most of multimedia to connect with global audiences.
Our specialist multimedia division can handle a huge range of audio and video formats, while our translation management platform allows for full transparency into the translation and localization process.
We select the most appropriate linguists to work on your project and industry niche – this allows us to work in over 250 languages, providing the following services:
- Intra-lingual subtitling (in the source language)
- Inter-lingual subtitling (in a different language)
- Voice over
For your key communication requirements
Subtitles make your videos more accessible to a larger pool of audiences, improve engagement and consumption, and help with indexing on various search engines.
We offer both subtitling in the source language as well as translation in the languages required.
We produce video files with subtitles for:
- E-learning courses and other training materials
- Corporate videos, guides and business presentations
- Market research interviews and IDIs Interviews
- Videos for internal purposes/training
- IDIs Interviews: Subtitling of video-recorded interviews and adaptation of transcripts on videos to match the speech.
Voice-over & Dubbing services
Sometimes, the process of localization of multimedia assets will require voice-overs – particularly for documentaries and corporate videos.
Voice-over services need to follow a time sequence and have the right voice to accompany the video, making casting an important part of the process.
We have years of experience providing voice-over services and will work with your business to ensure the highest quality output for your multimedia content.
We offer a unique one-step approach whereby our linguists listen to the source language audio and transcribe directly into English. This method is faster and more cost-effective over the alternative two-step “transcription plus translation” approach favoured by most of our competitors.
We offer three main types of transcription:
- Verbatim transcription: a faithful, word-for-word transcription which includes all utterances.
- Intelligent transcription: a transcription which excludes all unnecessary utterances and filler words.
- Edited transcription: a transcription which excludes all unnecessary utterances, fillers and non-standard language and repeated words.
Software and processes for cost-effective solutions
Our in-house and global network of professional subtitlers is equipped with the most up-to-date specialist subtitling software.
This helps us provide cost-effective subtitling solutions and deliver the projects to your specifications and according to industry-standard guidelines. We’ll also make sure that culturally-sensitive and up-to-date terminology is used while capturing the same substance, style, and humor as the original content.