Toppan Digital Language takes its environmental responsibility very seriously. It is core to the business’s overall purpose and as such we are compliant with ISO 14001 (Environmental Management accreditation).
We have established a set of environmental guidelines that all employees are required to follow to reduce our environmental impact. These guidelines include:
- Paperless Office –Toppan Digital Language operate as near as possible paperless offices. All communications, ordering and invoicing are processed electronically, where possible.
- We make efficient use of energy especially as relates to IT hardware out of hours.
- We reduce the need for movement of both people and goods and use electronic delivery of all information where possible, as well as the employment of remotely located translators.
- We avoid unnecessary waste and encourage appropriate re-use and recycling, especially with regard to paper and ink cartridges. We use non-toxic inks that are part mineral, part vegetable based and encourage the printing on both sides of the page.
- To implement all reasonable measures to comply with relevant environmental legislation and other requirements.
Toppan Digital Language has created an entirely automated workflow platform that relies purely on electronic documents that can be managed via the internet. This investment has significantly reduced the need for client or commuter-oriented travel, postal services, paper and printing and office infrastructure with associated energy consumption and natural resource expenditure.
The datacenter for our servers also are supplying 100% renewable energy, and their contract includes full carbon offsetting through the Southern Cardamom REDD+ Project, which protects 497,000 hectares of tropical rainforest in South-West Cambodia and prevents more than 3 million tonnes of carbon emissions each year.