This is an excellent opportunity to work in a fast growing global translations agency with existing offices in London, Paris, New York and Austin. Our main clients are leading players in the media, marketing, and financial & legal services sectors. As the company expands we are looking for somebody who has the drive to manage client accounts and co-ordinate projects of all shapes and sizes from our fantastic office in Guangzhou, China.
The successful candidate will be a confident English speaker (English-major graduates with TEM-8 certificate are preferred), with a professional attitude to service, and an entrepreneurial spirit. Excellent communication skills are necessary along with an eye for detail, and a high level of linguistic skill. Also, previous experience as a translation agency PM will be an advantage.
The role will involve taking responsibility for:
- Weekend cover for key client accounts.
- Monitoring all jobs to ensure timely allocation of translators and proofreaders, using proprietary workflow and project management tools.
- Checking and editing translations, and managing and monitoring quality control processes.
- Ensuring that client requirements are met rapidly and discreetly at all times.
- Maintaining excellent relationships with both clients and translators.
- Working in partnership with Toppan Digital Language project management teams in offices around the world to offer clients a seamless service.
- Working hours are from 9am to 6pm (Saturday and Sunday). Ideally, the employee would also be free for a day or half a day during the week to receive training.There is no flexibility to the weekend working hours, but there is flexibility regarding which extra weekdays you want to work. Please note that ideally, the candidate would spend 2 weeks (weekdays) in the office for training before starting weekend work.
- Start date: immediately
- Extra annual holidays further to China bank holidays.
- Social security items as per China laws.
- Very competitive salary according to experience.